COVID-19 – Implications for RAN Ski Club Operations – update at 26 Dec 2020
Please note that because of restrictions in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not using the Online Accommodation Booking for any accommodation bookings in 2020-2021 Summer season.
We are continually assessing Club operations cognisant of the Australian Government (Federal and State) directions and guidance, including any directions concerning travel as well as limitations on indoor and outdoor gatherings. While we will try to keep our website up to date, the resorts are also refining their procedures and we strongly recommend you keep watch on the resort websites.
COVID-19 Safe Operating Plans
We have endorsed COVID-19 safe operating plans for all lodges:
- The Thredbo plan is posted on the Club website at RAN Ski Club COVID Safe Operating Plan – Thredbo Lodge V8
- The Buller plan is at Buller COVID Safe Operating Plan
- The Perisher plan is at RAN Ski Club COVID Safe Operating Plan Perisher Summer
Members taking up bookings will be required to sign a COVID 19 risk acknowledgment (this is NOT an indemnity form) or they will be denied entry to the lodge. Thredbo and Buller will operate at reduced capacity with a higher requirement for occupants to undertake regular cleaning duties. Lodge bookings will initially only be available for members and their families. Bookings for Perisher and Thredbo will be accepted for 5-day periods (Sunday 1400 to Friday 1400) only, ie no weekends or 7 day bookings while bookings for Buller may be 5,7day and weekends, with departures and arrivals on Friday and Sunday only.
Please read the safe operating plans for the appropriate lodge above. They are similar but with some differences reflecting the different set up in each lodge and state regulatory differences – they will necessarily affect your holiday experience. Please also keep up with the Resort’s operational plans.
We expect that some members will not be able to have their confirmed bookings satisfied under COVID-19 restrictions.
As each lodge set up is different, there will be varying degrees of occupancy capacity available, depending on the lodge. These changes are set out in each lodge COVID Safe Operating plan. You are encouraged to read them before you decide to:
- confirm your existing booking;
- amend your booking necessitated by the changed booking periods;
- cancel your booking; or
- make a new booking.
As you will read in the plans, contract cleaners will not be engaged and hence members will be expected to clean their allocated room and bathroom, noting each room (or family group) will have exclusive use of a bathroom and toilet during their stay.
Members should consider the lodge COVID Safe Plan, any underlying medical or age conditions, and how comfortable they are about travelling and holidaying in the ski fields in these circumstances.
In this unique environment in which we all find ourselves, we are amending our cancellation policy as follows
- Cancellation refunds will be made in line with the policy in the Booking rules. Members may seek cancellations if they are unable to occupy the Lodge as a result of Government direction or medical advice regarding COVID-19 infection and/or risk profiles, non-acceptance of the club’s COVID 19 Safe Operating Plan applicable to the lodge for which members already have a booking, or Resort operational restrictions preclude the purchase of lift ticket.
- Additionally, restrictions on operations may mean that the Club is obliged to cancel all or part of some confirmed bookings. Both events will be considered as extraordinary circumstances and full refunds will be made, regardless of the timing.
We will need to handle all bookings off-line for 2020-21 summer, ie Club System bookings will remain closed.
Members may also request accommodation for accompanying guests depending on availability.
Your Directors remain committed to offering you the opportunity to enjoy the Club’s alpine holiday accommodation this year as far as we are lawfully able to do so. We hope you choose to take advantage of our Club facilities this year.
Updated 26 Dec 20